What, do you suppose, are the chances that a man who still denies he lost an election to the Presidency and incited a (dimwitted) insurrection to stop it after running through a great many legal-system gambits will try a rugpull on midterm elections that are likely to cost his party at least one house of the legislature and maybe both?
This guy figures it's a likely bet. He's probably right; losing will be somewhere between personally frustrating to catastrophic for the incumbent, who is not a man who will put up with that. What form i will take and how well the effort is likely to succeed, that's another set of questions.
We'll find out.
Update
1 year ago

2 comments:
I agree...he will throw everything out there...a multi-faceted attack on the election process that will create chaos in the courts. I pray we will be up to the task of putting an end to this bullshit...including vigorous prosecutions. Seeing Trump rot away in prison is unlikely, but it's a dream I have.
I wonder how many of Trump's cohorts will try to avoid prosecution by following fascist tradition and skip to Venezuela? I figure that was a side benefit to taking it over for its oil.
One thing to consider is that he's seriously overexposing himself, sticking his name and face and commentary on everything. Which guarantees that people know who is responsible for the high prices for stuff.
As things get worse and he gets more unpopular, it's very possible the Republicans are really looking forward to him being gone in a couple of years. Backing a very unpopular and very old leader in some sort of extra-Constitutional seizure of power will be a bit of a bridge too far for many of them. I'd even posit that an attempt would be a great chance for the party to Dump Trump, blame the problems on him having a mental breakdown, and act shocked, SHOCKED! at his actions.
It's amazing how many similar attempts fall apart because the conspirators get cold feet unless given a 110% chance of immediate success.
Post a Comment