There's no end to the strange turns. Let's see -- the President says he's banning some U. S. news organizations from the White House, which is not a specifically enumerated or implied power of the office and which previous Federal court cases have determined is, in fact, not a power Presidents have. At present, the credentials of journalists employed by MSNOW, CNN and Politico have been revoked. This is a bad notion and I hope the courts won't let it stand. I want our elected officials to be scrutinized from every angle, so I can make up my own mind.
Elsewhere, Congresspeople are getting themselves in trouble of the slept-with-the-wrong-person or took-money-they-shouldn't've type. You can look up the various scandals, not all of which have been to court, for yourself. It's too tawdry to list. This is why you need every shade of reporter looking at them.
At this point, there are plenty of trailer parks in the U.S. with fewer outrageous and/or or illegal activities going on than there are among the elected officials of the Federal government, and among the wildest offenders you will find many of the same people who have been presuming to lecture us Great Unwashed about our bad behavior. Y'know, there's no honest path to the moral high ground from waking up in bed with an employee or someone else's spouse (or someone other than your own), dead drunk and violating the U. S. Constitution and I'm sick of the politicians, most of the Press and a whole lot of the rest of us acting as if there were.
Politicians, appointees? Fix you own hearts and whatever vestiges of a soul or conscience you've got before you come after the rest of us.
Update
1 year ago

1 comment:
I'm waiting for DonSpurs to invent a national emergency and try to cancel the mid-terms. If that fails, and he outlives an armed citizens' revolt, I expect another J 6. Newly elected candidates may be left waiting a very long time before being seated...if ever.
Post a Comment