Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful

      Mostly, today I'm thankful things aren't worse.  Because they certainly could be.

      I'm not going to give you some kind of lecture.  This isn't a day for speeches or essays.  It's a day for remembering what's good, and embracing it.

      The world could be a lot worse off than it is today.  I could be a lot worse off.  We're not.  I'm not.  Some of that is through our own efforts -- and some of it is sheer dumb luck.

      We're squeaking through.  And that's a whole lot better than not squeaking through.  Humanity has done it a lot of times.  My ancestors and yours did so a lot of times.  We have probably done so ourselves, more than once.  Maybe we're not especially elegant or graceful about it; maybe, as a species and as individuals, we don't always do the very best thing.  But we get through.

      And I'm extremely thankful for that.

3 comments:

DrSmØke - WØNQX said...

Have a Great Weekend Bobbie!

Stay Healthy and Safe.

73

dit dit

Randy GC said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Stay Safe

Antibubba said...

I am thankful for your writing, Roberta. You're a voice of calm reasoning when the world is running amok at full volume.