Monday, June 14, 2021

Today, Possibly, Eyeglasses

      If all goes as planned, I should be able to get some temporary glasses today.  At least that's the hope.  I can't get much done without a better solution than the expedients I have been using.

     UPDATE: got them!  The optician's staff warned me, "It may take some time to adjust to your new glasses."  I walked out with them on under my dark post-surgery-issued sunglasses and started to smile.  I stretched out my arms in the middle of the shopping mall parking lot, turned around slowly and chortled with joy.  I felt like Charlton Heston, watching the lovely film of nature as Edward G. Robinson is being euthanized, seeing trees, flowers and wildlife for the first time and exclaiming, "I never knew!"  It was that big a difference.  I have not seen this clearly in decades.  

     The glasses are from a Lenscrafter's franchise.  They were quick, efficient and completely in tune with my desire to pick from lens and frame combinations they could make that day.  They had them done in less than an hour; I went to the nearby Target and kind of dawdled shopping, figuring it would take however long it took.  Instead, the optician sent me a text saying the glasses were done, well before I had reached the checkout.

9 comments:

mostly cajun said...

I bought a pair of off-the-rack bifocal readers. Chose the 'reading' portion to give me good resolution for the computer monitor i work with.

RandyGC said...

Hope all goes as planned.

Roberta X said...

Mostly Cajun, I am still nearsighted. Those, they don't sell off the rack.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

:-)

Bruce said...

Very glad things are working for you. Enjoy your new view of the world.

Blackwing1 said...

I'm very happy for you that your eye surgery outcome is so good. May you continue to enjoy the new light that your eyes are bringing to you.

P.S.: I cried when I took off the patch and saw the world again after I had my first eye done. I cried again the first time post-surgery that we rode the bike down the Chief Joseph Highway in northern Wyoming, seeing green trees, white snow, and blue skies that I didn't even realize I'd been missing.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

I am really glad for you! Congratulations!

Glenn Kelley said...

Great news .

redclay7@embarqmail.com said...

It's a gift, like I said. I said the same thing when i got my glasses, too. Good for you, Ms. X...rgds, redclay7