Friday, October 11, 2024

It's The Little Things

     After that lovely breakfast yesterday, I slipped and fell while standing up from the bathtub.  Not very far; I'm careful these days.  But far enough: I came down with most of my weight on my injured left knee.

   ;  Something gave way. It was painful.  Once that had faded. I pressed on -- much to do, after all, and so few hours in the day.  But I was limping worse than usual and gradually ran out of steam.  Denial only goes so far.  My knee had swollen back up in new and disturbing ways.  It was throbbing, too.  Eventually, I had to admit the day was not going to happen.

     I took to my bed still in work clothes, an gel-filled ice pack on my knee and a pillow under it.  I was asleep in minutes and woke only to swap the pack for a fresh one from the freezer.  Hours later, I helped out for trash night and watched a TV game show, then back to bed with ice.

     Today is better, so far.  I slept later than usual and I am hoping to get to work.  It's going to have to be mostly sedentary.

1 comment:

John Peddie (Toronto) said...

Try one of those grab handles that attach to the side of the tub. Useful getting in and out. Wouldn't be without mine.