I was diagnosed with an eye infection in my non-dominant eye some time back, and prescribed steroid-antibiotic eye drops to treat it. My eye got better at first and then it started getting worse, so I kept using them and called my eye doctor.
By the time of the appointment, I was over a week past when I ought to have stopped using the drops. Turns out I should have. They're pretty harsh. They ended the infection, all right, then started attacking my cornea, producing much the same symptoms as the original infection.
So now I'm on some other drops, steroid only, and they're helping, but I might not get everything back. Could be that one's always going to be a little less sharp. Plain eyedrops help.
Being one of those little old ladies who always bugs the doctors was not among my ambitions, but I've got to stop figuring everything will work out. Sometimes it doesn't.
Update
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment