Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Wow

     It's harder and harder to jump back in the hopper of the daily grind.  I'm not sure if I'm more hopeful or more worried about November's elections and whatever follows.  I suppose if all that happens is an economic crash, we'll be getting out easy, but man, do I loathe interesting times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now it feels like perpetual purgatory. -Bob Kramer

Joe in PNG said...

In some ways, I'm actually optimistic. Trump, like a lot of men in similar positions has basically blown it by losing sight of what people actually want*.
Now, he's lost the Tucker/Owens Kook wing, and is losing a lot of the very small margin of first time R voters from 2024**. His 'Troll Da Libs LOL' AI crapoost strategy is becoming a general irritant, akin to Disco in 1981. Not to mention his stupid tariffs, the war he promised not to get into, the cost of living he openly caused and can openly not give a care about, ect.
It's kinda hard to push a coup if nobody wants them around.

*Not that he actually cared.
**Funny he thought he got like the greatest electoral landslide evah, when he actually got fewer votes than W back in 2004.

Stewart Dean said...

but man, do I loathe interesting times.

Now that I will steal fro a sig.

Stewart Dean said...

Another stolen quip on interesting times:
...as for interesting times:

“For a value of ‘interesting’ that includes terror and misery. ”
― Gwynne Lost & Found