Today, I managed to make it to Good Morning Mama's in time to enjoy their home-made corned beef hash, with a scrambled egg on top. Between physical therapy and doctor appointments, I have only managed that once before during this extended leave.
Speaking of doctors-- I've had a minor irritation in my left eye for weeks, I thought it might be an ingrown eyelash (the ancient Romans, who would pluck an eyelash for luck much as you might knock wood, were so plagued by ingrown eyelashes that the tools to deal with the problem were part of every physician's instruments). My family doctor, back in July, thought it was more likely an allergy and had me start using over-the-counter allergy-relieving eye drops, but the problem continued and was getting a little worse. I finally called my eye doctor's office. They wanted to see me the next day, if not sooner.
After one of the more awkward eye exams I've had (it's not easy to get a good look at the inside of an eyelid), he told me it was an infection, with a couple of cloudy spots, and phoned in a prescription for steroid-antibiotic eye drops. Even a single day later, it feels like they're working. This was a funny feeling along the edge of my eyelid, like there was a little something in there that wouldn't wash away. If you get that kind of sensation, don't ignore it even if it's not that bad; it could be something that won't go away on its own. (And no, it's not eyelash mites gone wild. Those, the eye specialist tells me, have such distinctive symptoms that they're easy to diagnose.)
Update
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment