Thursday, August 29, 2013

Squeaky Could Still Use A Hand

     Her Squeakness is looking at an empty (or one-third empty) larder in the near term.  Also, Erin sat down and told some serious stuff today.  What with the way I poke fun at the chat shows and their endless string of woe-is-me guests, I spoze it would seem likely to some readers that I'd wax waggish on this, too--

     --Except, y'see, there is a way big difference between making the sob-sister circuit and doing what Erin did, which is to find some way to hack some kind of modus vivendi, have at it, and user-mod it when it became a barrier to meeting friends in the real world.  That there's actually admirable.  Discomfiting?  I'd be lying if I didn't admit to a little.  Nobody ever promised life would be without its awkwardnesses* and it is precisely for such moments that the human race evolved manners.  Y'know, graciousness?  Treating folks decent because it is the done thing?  And that is what I advise and expect in this instance. I'm standin' with her, and y'all can at the very least stand by politely. Nota bene, y'hear?
____________________________
* Awkwardities?  Also, I might be a bit fretted I'll fumble a pronoun but Erin's got to get up and face the world through askew prounounage et cetera et ali, each and every damn day.  It cain't be no fun, McGee.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I truly hope that I can make it your direction for one of these blogmeets. It would be an honor. You are always invited here as well.

Erin Palette said...

Thank you so much for all your support. It means so much to me.

Roberta X said...

I did my level best to level with you and the readers. I guess I might've gussied it up but I figure truth is owed truth in return.

phlegmfatale said...

I'm proud of Erin and of our community's show of support!

Hammerbach said...

Best thought on manners I've seen in quite a while. Thanks!

rickn8or said...

"And that is what I advise and expect in this instance. I'm standin' with her, and y'all can at the very least stand by politely. Nota bene, y'hear?"

Yessma'am. On both items.

Rob K said...

Erin has guts! I have a hard enough time meeting people in the real world without the personality/body mismatch. I wish I were as brave as she.