Friday, September 24, 2021

Watching In Horror

      Tam puts it better than I could have: "I'm watching people go crazy in real time."

      American politics has become toxic.  I have pretty strong opinions about a lot of it, but I have even stronger opinions about not getting threats via comments.  It's pretty much the same impulse that prompts me to avoid dangerous locations and situations not in spite of but because I carry a gun.  Trouble one avoids is the best kind of trouble.

      I just wish more people thought that way about current politics instead of racing one another to the abyss.  Last one in's a rotten...egg?

5 comments:

Carteach said...

Slow Motion Train Wreck. One can't stop it, one can't look away, all one can do is try not to be in the middle of it.

Comrade Misfit said...

Agreed, which is why I followed your example and went to full moderation of comments on my blog.

Jeffrey Smith said...

You're getting threats?
[Blinks. Swears in three or four languages.]
I didn't realize people were that insane.
Stay safe.

Pigpen51 said...

I have learned much since starting to carry a daily firearm. Most of it has to do with where I won't go, not with where I will go. The older I get, the more I realize that I am mortal, and no amount of firepower I carry changes that.

Educated Savage said...

You do good work and help keep sane a larger number of people than you know. Please keep it up and let the crazies get smacked with the ban hammer.