Friday, November 02, 2007

State Quarters

Oh, here's a fine bit of Gumm'it workin' for the Common Good! (Don't mind me, I'm middlin' irked).


State Quarters. An Idaho fell into my hands this last week and my first thought was the simple Latin phrase: "Post hawk ergo propter hawk." But it turns out that's a peregine falcon. It's the thought that counts?




On the other hand, Kansas may have gone for snark. I think they're underestimating the effects of inflation but I know my Dad would have snickered at the "Buffalo Quarter" and tossed his lucky nickel to whoever was near for them to check out. "One of those bought a candy bar when I was a boy!" he'd've said. How I miss him; the man had no respect at all for ijits.

...We won't even discuss the thing my state picked. I'd say I'm ashamed of it but the fact is, I'm ashamed of the whole program. It's just play-money trash and has been since before I was voting age, but do they have to rub it in?

1 comment:

Tam said...

At least y'all ain't got a friggin' banjo.

Deliverance, anyone?