Friday, August 21, 2015

Expect The Worst, Especially With Cars

     Two rotors under "discard" thickness, two close -- arguably turnable but there would not have been much left.  Two more rotors on top of everything else were relatively trivial.  The bottom line was not, so I got all-new brakes and the bank will pick up some more interest from the increased balance on my card while I whittle it back down.  (There's an irreducible minimum, it seems.)

     Costly, but it does beat not being able to stop when I need to -- or stopping with a degree of grabbiness that had me worrying with the car/truckette on wet pavement.

     This isn't doing the "new teeth" project any favors.  With the tooth they took a couple weeks ago, I can no longer eat many kinds of raw vegetables and crunchy foods are challenging.  Almonds, cashews, pistachios, etc. are right out.  Of course I want some now.

2 comments:

rickn8or said...

"Almonds, cashes, pistachios, etc. are right out. Of course I want some now. "

That's the way life goes...

http://www.units.muohio.edu/psybersite/Humor/nseq522.gif

Hope the tooth situation resolves itself soon.

Old NFO said...

Glad you got the car fixed, sorry it cost so much. But your safety counts too!