Thursday, December 31, 2015

I'd Whine

        Alas, whining* doesn't help.  This is an oucheriffic morning for me  Loud sounds -- like normal conversation or my fingers hammering the keyboard -- are unpleasant and the pressure/pain in my left ear is overwhelming, unavoidable and just, dammit, there.  But that does mean I hardly notice the tinnitus.

     See, there's always a bright side.
___________________________________
 * Brits apparently "whinge," while here in the U.S., we "whine."  Not sure what they do in Canada -- complain very quietly to themselves in two languages and get back on-task, I suspect.  In Australia? "Something, something, beer," innit?  But maybe not.  Maybe we all gripe.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Last few days, I've had a pain in my ears, too...but that's because my wife has been home this week, and doing this thing she calls "singing."

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I recommend large quantities of alcohol as a painkiller.

Anonymous said...

If it's an ear infection, hit the doc-in-a-box for antibiotics and opiates.

If a hangover, suffer like the rest of us or RX with the hair-of-the-dog that bit ya.

Or take a nap, unless the cat purrs to loudly...

(Naps are wonderfully inexpensive)

Joe in PNG said...

I was going to say, aren't you a day early for National "too loud, too bright" day?