Friday, December 11, 2015

The Complex Breakfast

     A/k/a the "I didn't buy eggs Special:" Diced and spiced potato, fried up with shiitake mushrooms, a leek and a bit of dry salami added as the cooking progressed.  It turned out pretty good.

     Would've thrown in an egg, but I hit the supermarket at 5:05 p.m. yesterday, walked in the door and there were huge lines at every register and a milling confusion of humanity the likes of which I have never seen there.  Great for them but way too much for me; I put my baskart back and left.

4 comments:

poobie said...

After dealing with this Alpha Gal allergy for more than a year, I find it's little things like this that I really miss, more so than things like steaks or what not. A little pork can be amazing in a simple dish like that.

Anonymous said...

For a long time I enjoyed breakfast for dinner. Eggs & bacon. Steak and eggs. etc.

Lately I have taken a page out of Victorian England's play book and have started having dinner for breakfast. Mostly left-overs, and mostly because it is 30 minutes round trip to the market even to get one thing. So sometimes the shopping doesn't get done.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the gluten allergy makes it difficult to have cereal/pancakes/etc.

Anonymous said...

The older I get, the less tolerant I am in dealing with crowds...

Tampa (30 miles away) has a 24 hrs Home Depot, the joy I would have to buy hardware at 3 AM...