Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sinus/Inner Ear Infection, Bronchitis And Probably Yaws.

     I think that's what the doctor said, but you should never ask, "What's yaws?" unless you're willing to buy the next round.

     Ended up with prescriptions for two different antibiotics and a rescue inhaler, plus a nebulizer treatment right there in the doctoring-place.  It helped; I'm still wheezing and coughing but I haven't had a really bad out-of-breath episode since.  On the other hand, I haven't done much since, either, other than a stop at Panera Bread with Tam for a quick dinner while waiting for the prescriptions to be filled.  Went home, took drugs, laid down and woke up an hour later, overheated.  Laid on top of the covers and let the TV talk to itself (a series of declassified films about A-bomb tests in 1946, back when a poncho was plenty of protection from fallout) while I drifted in and out.  Finally pulled a sheet and blanket over me and fell asleep again, to sleep like an inert object until the alarm woke me, chilled, at 0600.

     Up now and I'll see how far I can get. To work?  To work would be good.  One step at a time, and I'm pretty sure the shower is my first step.  I'll see how things go from there.

     ETA:  Never got that far. Started coughing, can't seem to get it under control.  Sheesh.

     FETA:  (Mmmm, goat cheese!)  Eventually managed to stop coughing.  Laid down for a half-hour, decided I could be just as miserable on the clock and possibly slightly productive, and went into work. In hindsight, possibly not as clever an idea as it seemed at the time, but it worked out.

5 comments:

Jerry said...

Don't forget the cobbly wobblies.

Blackwing1 said...

Good grief. I sure hope those antibiotics kick in soon. For what it's worth, here's wishing you better health.

Anonymous said...


Well, with luck, perhaps the 'starship' will finally realize they need additional personnel to cover when sickness descends like a medieval plague on the staff in the back of the house.

*Snort*. Yeah, *right*. No such luck.

Whatever you have, it sounds fairly serious. Don't literally kill yourself trying to get back to work...

Old NFO said...

Wishing you a quick recovery.

Guffaw in AZ said...

YIKES!

Take good care!

gfa