- The final season of Orphan Black is proving to be excellent. The entire arc adds up to about one short SF trilogy or a very long novel. TV SF is rarely this good. I recommend watching it -- in its entirety.
- The grocery had their house bacon on sale for $3.49 a pound. I normally prefer applewood-smoked bacon but unless you find it on sale,* the price is crazy high, $9.99/lb. So I bought some of the cheap stuff and pondered ways to improve it. Sprinkling it with good smoked paprika, sage, thyme and mixed pepper seemed like a good idea and this morning, I proved that it was! You need to let it sit at least overnight.
- Chopped cherry peppers, flash-fried, are excellent in an omelette. Mozerella, country sausage, sliced green olives, yum!
- learntyping.org is a good resource if you'd like to touch-type.
* Their competition had it for $3.99 a pound a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff, too.
8 months ago