Thursday, August 20, 2020

Not So Good

      Yesterday, I did not feel well.  In fact, I felt lousy.  Managed to get a little work done, puttering around online, but I never got out the door.

     Doing my best to not repeat that today.

     Tam's still watching the Democrat convention.  I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Elizabeth Warren: try as she might when she delivers a speech, she just doesn't seem to be able to not sound as if she's scolding or at best, chiding the audience.  Conversely, President Obama remains one of the most effective speakers his party has found.  I still don't agree with most of his politics, but he's got a good handle on civics and the get-out-there-and-vote parts of his speech apply no matter what your party or your opinion of the incumbent.  (Mr. Obama's opinion of President Trump is not at all good, and he didn't dance around it -- you expected anything else?  But credit him for frankness.)

     Political speeches tend to make me bilious at the best of times, which yesterday wasn't; I nodded off being hectored by voices down the hall from one or another of the night's speakers and was relieved they didn't pursue me into my dreams.

     Edited To Add: And it turns out I am still sick today. Starting to think I have had a brush with a contaminated onion.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Having current events weave into dreams is the worst. Those are the mornings I get up stiff from fighting ogres all night long.

Not good at all