Sunday, April 07, 2024

Napped

     Rode my bicycle to brunch with my siblings this morning, chatted for a couple of hours, spent a few minutes in a nearby bookstore on my way home -- and sat down for "just a minute" when I got home.

     Woke up two hours later, still sleepy.  No, not the stress of hanging out with my closest relatives.  I haven't been on my bike much this year.  Nor do I spent much time in crowded, noisy restaurants.  Since the pandemic began, I barely go out to eat.  Once the risk was down, the prices were way up.  I like my own cooking just fine; I'm not as fond of doing the dishes, but it's a fraction of the price.

     So, okay.  I clearly need to get more exercise -- and perhaps practice being around people more, too.

2 comments:

Mike V said...

The next town over had a "Chalkwalk" (artists doing chalk art on the sidewalk) in their downtown Saturday. My wife and I went, and it was just too crowded for me to enjoy. After about 45 minutes and seeing less than half, we escaped. I wasn't much on crows before covid and I'm less so now.

All that to say I get where you're coming from.

Bob said...

" I like my own cooking just fine;"

Your cooking is great.* Don't worry

*But not my old fashioned meat & potatoes type.