Wednesday, June 04, 2008

And Under This Rock...

Update: I don't know if it was deliberate disinfo, FUD or just silly rumor but I'm callin' BS on myself: there's no evidence this video ever existed or that the rant happened at all. IMO, if it was available, it would have been leaked as the Dem primary went to the wire. It wasn't used; QED, it's vaporware.

Not quite breaking news, the other shoe has yet to be uploaded to YouTube, but it's only a matter of time.

It seems Mrs. Obama delivered a full-bore "blame whitey" rant* at, yes, you guessed it, Trinity United Church back in 2004. And the scuttlebutt is that it was well over the top.
Update: (And no, I am not especially ecstatic about this news. True or not, overblown or understated, it is painfully plausible and that's just sad).

Meanwhile, Senator Clinton has yet to concede. Any connection? I don't know; but I would not care to get between the Junior Senator from New York and anything she had her heart set on. She's got plenty of arrows left in her quiver, count on it.
_______________________________
* So, which of my ancestors is it that peeve you the most, Ma'am? The German farmers who arrived here after 1865, the long line of flat-broke Scots who were here well prior to 1776 and never had two pennies to rub t'gether, or the Cherokees who started out with not much and left all of it behind when they decided not to go along with President Jackson's notions and hied off to Ohio to successfully pass as American citizens instead? 'Cos while nobody made 'em sit in the back of the bus, they rarely had busfare to begin with. No one gets to pick their skin and none of us can control the actions and attitudes of our our ancestors; all any of us have is the here and now and the days to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the commenter over there. I'll wait until I see it. Not that I don't find the report credible, but there's no point in doing an end-zone dance over an unconfirmed rumor.

M

Sevesteen said...

At this point as much as I'd like to find anything that would hurt Obama's chances, I'd be surprised if video exists--I suspect that these rumors were planted in hopes that they would flush out some video that sort of matched.

staghounds said...

The "top" is aEurocentric, patriarchal, oppressive construct.

Anyone who's voting for Sen. Obama is doing so from partisan advantage, an emotional swoon, or profound stupidity. The first don't care if he and his wife hate generic white folks, the second will find a way to rationalise, and the third, who knows?

And I've been hearing this rumor for some time too.

Carteach said...

Footnote: Well said!

Comrade Misfit said...

Ge,, you mean you didn't see the infamous Whitey Rant by now?

(I found it on Balloon Juice.)