Monday, March 08, 2010

Second Bike Ride Of The Year

My second bicycle ride, Tam's first of the year, since day before yesterday, I bopped over to The World's Smallest Kroger (really) and then to YuppieMarket for some groceries. Today was a nice sunny day and Tam was rarin' to get on the road:The sunny skies, the happy, innocent smile... We decided not to take the Monon Trail (a city park) because-- Well, because. Plus, the streets were inviting:Ah, downhill! But there's uphill, too, complete with a better view of Tam's bike and some nifty Broad Ripple houses: It was about here the batteries in my camera died -- too much flash photography the night before! I'll be posting that, later.

It was a good ride, all the way over to the big super-duper market and a stop for Chinese food on the way back. I came home and took a nap, which is one of the nicer features of being on vacation.

P.S.: Wondermark has bike-locking advice.

5 comments:

Texas Ghostrider said...

nice bike ride, ride once more around the block for me please!

Anonymous said...

We don't have any green grass yet, but it was quite similar scenery when I was out for a roll on the weekend.

Jim

phlegmfatale said...

Looks like it was a nice day for it. You may inspire a few of us to get off our bums!

Anonymous said...

Innocent, you say? That is in fact one of the most uninnocent smiles I've had the pleasure to look upon.

Mischeivous, confident, comical...that's what that smile is.

Al Terego

Anonymous said...

or mischievous...