Friday, December 27, 2013

"And Now, The News..."

     NBC news this morning promoted an upcoming story: "Swimmers attacked by a school of piranhas."  Tam's been sitting at the foot of (my!) bed ever since, eating breakfast with the happy innocence of Gomez Addams awaiting reports of a natural disaster, occasionally snarling, "C'mon!  Get to the piranhas!"

     Oh, the story finally came up; she just sang out, "Yes!  Here it is -- Fish attack...!"

     Never a dull moment at Roseholme Cottage, right around the corner from the big, decrepit Victorian at 0001 Cemetary Lane .

9 comments:

Bob said...

The fish only eat people on Fridays and Holy Days of Obligation.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Look up "candiru". I'll wait.

Tam said...

Who needs to look up candiru? I thought everybody knew about those. :D

Dwight Brown said...

I'm not sure what Canadian nuclear reactors have to do with carnivorous fish, but okay...

Jennifer said...

What a delightful mental image!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Tam: LOL :)

perlhaqr said...

Man, that's adorable. :D

Dave in Indiana said...

I saw the news article about that attack too, I'm thinking that it's spawning season for Piranha down there and that's caused the attack.

I used to have about a dozen fish tanks in my house at one time in the past, a couple of them salt water, but most of them fresh.
There was a time a few years back that you could buy red bellied piranha at the Wal*Mars pet department. I bought several.
They're basically mellow, bluegill like fish other than they have flesh stripping teeth. I could reach in the tank to clean any time I wanted....as long as I didn't spook them. If they're frightened get the hell away from them fast.

My guess is that people were wading in spawning beds and that provoked the fish to attack.

rickn8or said...

Makes sense Dave; wouldn't you be irritated if you were interrupted while you were uh, "spawning"??