Monday, November 28, 2016

That Glow Of Homeownerly Virtue

     Seven Eight bags of leaves on the porch.  Tam was a huge help in clearing the greater part of the back yard. Gutters cleaned and I have once more promised myself I'll install leaf screens.  More Northern Creeper pulled up and the heaped vines will probably fill four bags -- if I can bag it at all.  If not, it'll go in the Bagster we still haven't set up.

     The Northern Creeper is trying a desperation gambit: leaves on the driest parts are turning a brilliant scarlet!  Very lovely but it still has to go.  Without much in the way of a hard freeze so far (but just wait!), the ground is still soft and it's easier to pull up the long, wandering roots and runners of these vines.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

At least you're not trying to eradicate bamboo... And that reminds me, I need to cut back the vines on the side of the garage. I'm not raking leaves until the @$(#@ wind dies... sigh

Roberta X said...

We're too far north for Bamboo, I think. Winter Creeper is bad enough -- it is pervasive and the longer you look, the more of it you see.

Phssthpok said...

Be glad it's not Himalayan Blackberry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_armeniacus

Danged tasty fruits, but nigh impossible to eradicate.

Anonymous said...

Gutter leaf screens rock.

The less I'm up on a ladder unnecessarily the better...