Thursday, November 24, 2016

Yes, It's Thanksgiving

     So why are you on the Web?

     Oh, that.  Alone.  Been there, done that.  Hey I'm thankful you stopped by; at least there's that.  For whatever comfort is in it (rather a lot) with the Internet, with modern mass media, no one needs to be entirely alone; it takes effort to get away unless you're already in the back of the beyond, past the end of the streetcar lines and out from under the RF footprint of the last cellphone tower.

     Here at Roseholme Cottage, I am fixing to prepare to put the turducken in the oven -- no idle string of words, that, since I store baking pans and a couple of specialized skillets in the oven, all of which need temporary locations elsewhere, and I want to recheck under the stovetop after The Great Grease Spill Of Several Weeks Ago.  I think I got it all but it's better to be sure.

     Coffee and toasted cinnamon-raisin bread first, along with a little blogging.  

10 comments:

Countglockula said...

As a virtual shut-in, the web is the vehicle I use to 'travel' to my friends. No, it's not like face-to-face, but better than sitting, hoping the phone or doorbell will ring.

Roseholme Cottage is one of my favorite stops, where I can easily enjoy snark and wisdom, interspersed with good recipes and gun pics.

I am thankful to you, Bobbi, and Tam, for giving me another reason to get up in the morning!

Enjoy your turducken and fixin's...

Raz

rickn8or said...

I'm on The Internets to wish the citizens of Roseholme Cottage and all the posters here a Happy and filling Thanksgiving.

And what Raz said about snark and wisdom, hallway exchanges, cat activities and etcetera.

Anonymous said...

Looks like 40 meters is the band of choice this week or facebook if you prefer.

Randy GC said...

Killing time until we leave for the In-laws and dinner. Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tam.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

*waves* May the turducken be awesome! And happy Thanksgiving to you n' yours.

pigpen51 said...

Oh, and I am watching the Lions, the only NFL game that I usually watch of the year.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tam! Your combined wisdom helped us stay safely in our boat this year. Thank YOU!

Drang said...

I was at work.

Now I'm home. Scotch in glass, turkey in oven, and some chick flick on Hallmark. (Is that redundant?)

Roberta X said...

:) Thanks to you all!

Anonymous said...

"...with modern mass media, no one needs to be entirely alone;..."

As a kid in the 60's, I was exposed to some elderly shut-in folks. Frankly, it kinda terrified me that was awaiting me as an old coot. Nobody visiting or calling.

Thank goodness for the 'net. We now have the whole planet to reach out to for (in)human contact if we want. (or smut :) )...