Monday, March 18, 2024

Ain't This Nice?

     Today, my knees barely want to work.  They're been increasingly painful and stiff in the last couple of weeks and today, I'm getting zinged every time I move.  It kept waking me up last night, despite OTC pain meds.  All on top of a near-blinding headache.

     Presently, I'm on both aspirin and acetaminophen, the latter only a few minutes ago.  If it kicks in, great.  If not, I'm back to bed and, and to doc-in-a-box later.  With a history of rheumatic fever, manifesting mostly as pain in my knees, this kind of thing means I need to have an M.D. listen to my heart and make sure that critical item isn't running rough.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Is there a chance of disability retirement? Factorthat against sticking it out till normal retirement.

Cop Car said...

Just as I was wondering why your knees give you so much pain, you mention rheumatic fever. That's not to be messed with. Hope your main pump remains stable.

Mike V said...

I hope you get a good report. Hopefully it is the weather fluctuations or something causing the flareup.