Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good Morning!

Okay, okay, the economy is tanking and Winter's almost here.  It's been cold and grey and rainy in Indy, and even colder and rainier at GM and on Wall Street.  The .gov has $700 billion about half-spent and they're not sure they've actually bought anything but a handful of magic beans; me, I doubt they even got plain beans, let alone magic ones.  (Washington is a reverse Philosopher's Stone, turning gold into dross with speed and verve -- and style, oh!  What style!  Idiots).

     But today -- only today -- the meat-eating urologists are talking about sunshine and a high approaching 60.  It might not be much but it's something and I intend to enjoy it.  Sunshine doesn't cost a dime.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

By "dross" I assume you mean "Shit".

I did my stint behind the microphone (WJOB) so I understand censoring, but I'm glad I don't have to self-censor anymore.

Tam said...

"Sunshine"?

So far they are a pack of lying heathens.

Anonymous said...

Get on 31 heading north Tam. Plenty of sun this afternoon in Marshall county. Turing word sucksas, what the next couple of years are going to do?
Rey B

Drang said...

I actually have nothing to add to the comments, except that I had to mention that The Word is "panstst"

Getting so that doing The Word is almost as much fun as reading and making comments...

Anonymous said...

You mean, like "bousn?" Some sort of dyslexic Naval rank, I'm given to understand.

Roberta X said...

Og, sweetie, "dross" in this context means a base or inferior metal, or the junk foundries skim off and toss out.

Sometimes "shit" it used in the figurative rather than literal sense; and quite often, what Congress produces is low quality "white metal:" shiny and smooth, riddled with holes and weak spots and tending to corrode rapidly. Dross.

Anonymous said...

I got Og's word!

flatauza: wowza flatulence