Saturday, October 03, 2009

Glowing In The Dark

Tam's been poking a stick at the crazy (I won't even dig it up to link to it but there's some right messed-up $DØØDs out there); Atomic Nerds happened on a two-year-old arrest report for the Radioactive Boy Scout.

Turns out the two topics kind of intersect: "Thumper235 18 March 2008 at 11:14 am I am David Charles Hahn (The Radioactive Boyscout) . I was arrested some time ago and Judge Viviano has sentenced me to a treatment facility. I am currently staying at Emmanuel House." Scroll down through the comments 'til you find "Thumper235." Oh, he's got a lot to say.

I don't know if folks needed any extra reasons to avoid Detroit but, um, this'd be a good one.

(Emmanuel House, Citehealth page. Interestingly enough, their listed web addy appears to no longer belong to them. Sure hope the place isn't a Superfund site now -- but I would not bet against it).

I got over being sick for this?

9 comments:

Stranger said...

Interesting. Shows to go you that intelligence is not in any way an indication of sanity. And versa vice.

All too often, the young forget "cineri gloria sera venit," fame comes too late for the dead. It leads them into temptation.

Stranger

Joe Huffman said...

That's just sad.

Everyone knows that since we are actually in a giant black hole we can't travel in time.

Anonymous said...

"Nuttier than squirrel poop" comes to mind.

Jim

Stingray said...

Oh come on, Joe. I'm traveling through time right now. My direction happens to be forward, and my velocity is constant, but I'm still doing it, and if you're not I'd like to know the trick. Though that'd be a bit of a problem since I'm moving and you're apparently not.

Joe Huffman said...

Stingray,

We are trapped in a giant black hole traveling at the speed of light in the time dimension. Correct, this means we are moving at a constant speed with only minor slow downs possible via high velocity travel in other directions.

But when most people refer to time travel they are talking about escape and (usually) return to the same position in time as the rest of us--even though we are constantly moving ever closer to the singularity at the center of the black hole. I didn't explain that because I usually (but not always) concede the inaccurate, but understandable, conventional wisdom of our situation is accurate enough for most conversations.

I really need to write up my blog post on the giant black hole hypothesis sometime. It could explain a number of things besides the inability to travel in time at a constant rate.

Joe Huffman said...

That should have been "inability to travel in time at something other than a constant rate."

Roberta X said...

...as we near the singularity, language is increasingly distorted...

I'm so lcoes, lttree rodre ni sdwor si dbsralmce. Phel!

John B said...

Shame when one of my personal heroes turns out not only to be a schmuck, but a wack job who could give Tesla pointers...

At least Nikola had math to back up his crazy....

Anonymous said...

I followed this up and this is probably David alright. Seems the Meth claims may have been accurate