Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Breakfast: Wishes vs. Reality

What I'd make if I had time: a "slinger," hashbrowns, a couple eggs and a sausage or ground pork patties, generously covered with chili, with onions and cheese.

Wikipedia tells me it's a "Midwestern diner specialty," but until I stumbled over the article, I'd never heard of it. (Despite that, I invented my own version one weekend morning: corned beef hash, fried egg, chili on top, much better than you'd expect).

What I'm having: Honey-Nut Chex. Which are really quite good.

Plus coffee and juice, of course.

5 comments:

Old Grouch said...

The folks at the Goody Goody Diner call their version "the Wilbur" and do it as a chili-and-cheese covered omlet. Makes it almost worth driving to St.Louis just to have breakfast.

Quizikle said...

Well, I've not seen a "Chicago pizza" in Chicago or a "Denver omelet" in Denver. Though I'm sure the marketing boys have introduced them now.
Q

Anonymous said...

Ah Canned Corned Beef hash... the other meat candy!
a double open faced Chili cheeseburger with Eggs on top was Named the Bo Burger after a soon to be Bionic Nuc we Both know

Anonymous said...

Oh God it all makes me so hungry! Bobby (and no, you don't have to print this), my e-mail is ewen55@att.net. I lost Roseholme Cottage's address, for the third time (Nigerian hacks, why I moved from hotmail.com).

If I write Tammy again, she'll think I went senile. I have to send her some firearms related stuff, all non-4473.

Also, it occurs to me that you were interested in some paper from a mostly out of business printing shop I know of. I just saw the guy again after 2 or so years, and he said to help myself.

Sorry, the linotype is spoken for, and soon to be Lyman 311467's for my Schmidt-Rubins.

Can you help? Thanks, Ed Foster.

Roberta X said...

Roger, Wilco.