Sunday, April 12, 2015

An Ordinary Day, With Sunshine

     Spring.  It may not be joking this time.  Saturday, I rode my "Broad Ripple Utility Vehicle" bike to the grocer's and came home with both baskets just about full.  Ran some more errands, visited my Mom -- doing better than she's been in months -- returned home and realized I'd forgotten to buy eggs.

     It was a nice warm day, beautiful blue sky overhead.  I got out the Ordinary, aired up the tires, and after a quick jog up and down the alley to make sure I still knew how to get on and off it, zoomed off the the store.  Other than the neighbor's dog, whose sense of outrage at passing bicycles is proportional to the size of the largest wheel, it was an uneventful trip, just sun and birds singing, grass seemer to become greener every minute and birds proclaiming, "we're here, we're here."

     I hadn't realized how much I'd missed it.

     Today, perhaps a Full Roseholme breakfast (small steak, egg, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes) and more bicycling.

3 comments:

Countglockula said...

I'd like to see a pic of the Ordinary...

Roberta X said...

I shall post one soon!

Old NFO said...

That's good news, y'all need a break from the weather up there!