Thursday, April 09, 2015

Attackberry?

     We had stormy weather here yesterday and the meteorologists are promising more of the same today.  Even before windy, wet weather came along, the trees around Roseholme Cottage were stepping into Spring, the first buds barely visible, shaking off the deadwood--

     Literally.  I need to get a better angle on it but this Y-shaped branch stands nearly a yard high and is quite firmly embedded in the ground, several degrees off vertical.  I noticed it this past weekend.  It's come crashing down from the huge hackberry tree behind the house, missing my ham antenna, the fence and the roof by a few feet.

     Looks like the tree had more than enough Winter, too.

4 comments:

fillyjonk said...

Don't p*ss off Groot. Apparently he's been taking ninja lessons.

John in Philly said...

I am not exactly sure, but I don't think a divining fork is supposed to act that way.

John in Philly

Old NFO said...

Glad it missed... That would have hurt!

David aka True Blue Sam said...

That's why I'm supposed to wear a hard hat in the woods. The only close calls I've had were on fires, and they were big enough the hat wouldn't have mattered. I give trees a twice-over before sitting or parking under them.