Friday, July 10, 2015

Ah, Yes: Another Day...

     ...Another whatever.  I have got to get elements of my life back under control -- various shelf and storage projects have just about stalled, and need to be restarted, my desk is once again covered in piles of junk mail and (mostly paid) bills and while my various electronic projects are in motion, it is mostly at a glacial pace.

     Less time online and more time in RL!  --And more sleep; I have a nasty habit of becoming hypnotized by the positive feedback F@©ebook provides and staying up an hour or more longer than I should.  It's embarrassing to be so cheaply bought but I don't get many "attagirls" elsewhere, so I'm a sap for 'em when they're available.

     Indianapolis Hamfest is this Saturday and barring something awful, I plan on attending.  While I may add to the clutter, it's a fun event and I have missed way too many this year.

8 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Looks like the weather will cooperate. If you happen to see George RR Martin wandering around in a WD9BSA polo, be sure to say hi :)

Sigman said...

Attagirl Roberta!!!! I appreciate your blog and sense of humor.

fillyjonk said...

" It's embarrassing to be so cheaply bought but I don't get many "attagirls" elsewhere, so I'm a sap for 'em when they're available."

This is my life. You are not alone. (Lots of time, "feedback" means "someone is chewing me out because they think I screwed up something I didn't actually screw up.")

Drang said...

"... the positive feedback F@©ebook provides..."
Which is why, although I do not begrudge the time I no longer spend on facespace, I do resent being exiled. That was the on;y place I could really interact with a lot of my friends, not to mention hanging out with The Cool Kids.

I'll just go out back and eat worms.

Roberta X said...

Exiled? What'd you do?

tljhound said...

Attagirl, Roberta !!

You don't get enough because I, we, take the free ice cream machine for granted. Hey, who else uses that phrase ??

No bs, no embellishment, no forcing myself but simply saying sincerely what I should more often:

Thank you and attagirl !!

Drang said...

When I try to log in I am informed that, in order to prove that I really exist, I must upload scans of government-issued photo ID in this name.

Roberta X said...

They'll usually accept utility bills, too. This probably means someone has griped to F-book about your name being an alias. It's a common dirty trick.