Friday, July 03, 2015

Stop Me If You've Heard This One...

    "Not this morning -- I have a headache."  Which would be funnier if it wasn't true.  I'm positively bilious in both senses of the word.  Toast and coffee is just about too much. My temper has a fuse about an eighth of an inch long and I think there's an M-80 on the far side.

     ...However, as the holiday and its hazards approach, I am reminded of Ms. Diaz, the nice Hispanic lady who knows which chemicals will hurt or kill you, and all the signs and symptoms.  Oh, she's in your workplace, too, by Federal mandate: MSDS.  Don't eat fireworks, mmmkay, not even to hide 'em from the Fire Marshal, and don't be holding them in your hand or aiming the aimable ones at people or critters.  Ya heathens.

2 comments:

Ed Jones said...

Yes but roman candle wars and cherry bombs with slingshots were the rage 50 years ago. I am so glad we all managed to grow up back then.

RandyGC said...

Semaphore with sparklers was always entertaining. You really had to work at keeping your "code speed" up.