Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Up Early

     There's a project getting underway at the North Campus of the Skunk Workings and it involves actual skilled trades other than my own.  Most of those folks like to start before the sun gets too high and I'd just as soon they weren't yawning and/or griping on some oddball shift: we've got electrical work to do, some of it on panels that can't be shut off and when I say "we," I do not mean me.

     That leaves me with the "yawning and griping" department, a job I'm sure I can manage.  

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's always the prep folks that end up with the short end of the 'stick'...

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, how big is the amplifier (or is it amplifiers) that you deal with?

Roberta X said...

It was 50 kW, peak, plus one at 2 kW peak and another that ran about 45 kW average. These days, we're looking at 6 kW average for one and 1 kW for the other -- and the same kind of coverage. And that's the difference between analog and digital.