Monday, December 30, 2019

Bagels To The Rescue

     Bought a microwavable breakfast yesterday, a nice-looking scramble, thinking it would save time this morning.  It sure did -- freezer to microwave to plate to fork to mouth and the remainder to trash, just about that fast.  Just not at all tasty, and not much for texture, either.

     Tam had bought "everything" bagels late last week, and last night made a point of reminding me she'd saved the last one for me.  It certainly came in  handy this morning!

3 comments:

RandyGC said...

I've never been impressed by frozen "TV Breakfasts".

There are a couple of brands of cup type meals that you add a fresh egg (or two) into the cup and then microwave that aren't too bad. Faster and easier than frying and you can eat it out of the cup so only the fork to clean.

Since I don't have a job I have time to get out, use, and clean the skillet when I want eggs and sausage, but I have these on my list for traveling and motel rooms with microwaves and fridges to keep the eggs.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Dean 'Meat Lovers' breakfast bowl. 47% of daily sodium (pretty high) but 24 G. of protein and 17 G. of carbohydrates. $2.00 at many grocery stores, it isn't bad for 'gotta have something in my stomach stat !'. Aout 2 minutes to microwave and you are cooked.

Pro-Tip : When removing from box and prior to perforating plastic top, flip it over on counter and shake to get cheese to come to plastic and when cooked, stick to food on top, rather than staying on bottom of plate to be scraped off. Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

This just in - Herdez Guacamole Salsa is very good. A mild salsa that goes well with many breakfasts. Migas and egg with this is the shizzle !!