Sunday, May 05, 2024

Fever Broke

     The fever broke for me about three a.m., leaving me sweat-slick and weak but in the moment.  I still felt sick, but I felt normal sick, not like a puppet being alternately dangled over the cookstove and the icebox.

     It's both better and worse; being so much more present means accepting that I feel like I have been beaten up, or maybe tried to run yesterday's mini-marathon and collapsed.  I'm sore all over, joints and ribs especially, and I'm still coughing and sneezing.

     But it seems as if an end to this cold is possible, as opposed to the last two days of grimly hanging on.

2 comments:

Cop Car said...

Happy that you are making progress, even if it means you have better self-awareness. That variety of cold is nasty stuff.

Dr. Coyote said...

This is very good news, Roberta. All the best in your recovery.