Sunday, July 27, 2008

BlogMeet: Successful

Alas, my day began at 0300, something about an auto race (and it appears I managed to wake Tam as I blundered around making coffee and oatmeal) and the Blogmeet* set sail 1500ish, so what I can coherently tell you is, all eleven attendees were as charming as ever, from the elegant Mr. and Mrs. Red (and their wondrous baby wolf!), to the erudite Mr. and Mrs. Shomes, the cultured Old Grouch and the beneficent Frank W. James (who should really, really write that trilogy!) and Rob K and Feyfern. Oh, and Tam! ...Unless I have managed to misidentify anyone? EDIT: which I have. Blogreader Kerry and his wife were there and were as charming conversationlists as ever. >blush<

The door prize -- won by all! -- was Indiana sweet corn courtesy of Mr. James. I am chastened to admit that while I had the Cup'a Turonistan award on my person, I failed to award it (I'm seriously zorched for lack of rest).

This Will Be Rectified At Our Next! Let's start planning now: when's a good weekend in August?
___________________
* I have decided it's like "ThingMoot," though it's no moot thing. And without the high & low justice aspect, just the assembling in a group, drinking beer, eating well an' listenin' to the skalds. Geesh, spellcheck hates me.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, what has to happen for one to be UN successful? I hope I never find out. Sorry I missed it, for sure.

Anonymous said...

I think I can make it if for the weekend of the 23rd/24th.

red said...

Thanks for gathering all of us up again. Looking forward to the next one!

Rob K said...

Wow, you must've been really tired or else we made quite an impression last time `cause Feyfern and I (very sadly) weren't there -- lack of discretionary cash and sitter for the kids. But thanks for thinking of us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for putting things together, 'twas fun as usual.

-------

AFAIK, all August weekends are open.

breda said...

August is pretty open for us, I believe.

Roberta X said...

Tam'll be out for the Blackwater Weekend from Para Ordnance 22-24 August. I'm okay with havin' a "Tam's Outta Town, neener neener neener" blogmeet, but would it draw as large a group?

Anonymous said...

Toni and I are voting for either the 17th or the 24th. (The 31st is Labor Day weekend.)

M

red said...

Labor Day weekend is out for us, we're heading to TN.

Roberta X said...

I'm leaning toward the 17th. How'd that work?

red said...

The 17th should work.

Anonymous said...

24th would work for me.Sorry to have missed the last meet.

Toni

James R. Rummel said...

I am sometimes unable to crack a blog for weeks at a time. Any way I can get an Email when the particulars are decided?

James

Roberta X said...

Certainly, James!

Anonymous said...

I've managed to persuade Toni that the 17th is cool. Can we settle before somebody tries to book her for an away gig?

M