Friday, July 25, 2008

Don's Gun's Robbed

Hard to say just what they made off with. Last time I was there (some years back), Don's stock ran heavily to Lorcins, Hi-Points and the less-expensive guns, usually with a bit of gold-plating here and there. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Pop Guns, on the other side of town, experienced a similar after-hours smash and grab raid in December of 2007. I think if I owned a gun store, I'd give serious thought to a large, aggressive dog for after-hours duty...though it's probably a death sentence for the poor dog if the raiders come.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

South side Indianapolis in the mid 70s a gun store "The Bullet Hole" was robbed in a similar fashion the owner had a pet lion that he left in the store at night after that and multiple phone pole posts set in the area in front of the store. I understand the lion had a taste for rifle stocks and was quite destructive.
Stil I don't think he was robbed again after that. He went out of buisness in the early 80s

Turk Turon said...

Too bad they didn't steal Don.

Roberta X said...

I'm not all that sure Don's in the store much. He tended to chew up rifle stocks... ;)

Anonymous said...

I doubt if these guys will be free for long. They left fingerprints everywhere. What are the odds they're already in the system?

phlegmfatale said...

Display cases are nasty things, even in the most shiny, sparkling store. Hopefully they cut the shit out of themselves, left some DNA and picked up a little staph infection in the process.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't stealing 'Don' of Don's Gun be a repeat of THE RANSOM OF RED CHIEF?

I mean WHO would want him back?

red said...

Anonymous said...

"Wouldn't stealing 'Don' of Don's Gun be a repeat of THE RANSOM OF RED CHIEF?

I mean WHO would want him back?"



Very true!

staghounds said...

The store wasn't robbed. Only people are robbed. Robbery is theft in the presence of the possessor by the use of force or putting him in fear.

These people committed a burglary and a theft.

/pedantic

Roberta X said...

Aha! ...Remind me to stop talking about watches around horologists. You're right, of course; I was looking for a short, snappy heading and grabbed the wrong word.