Sunday, July 06, 2008

Hullo

It's oh-frickin'-dark-thirty an' here I am, about which you may be wonderin'.

The explanation is quite simple, really: we're on another huge project at the Big Old-Media company, at the peak of the vacation season and with a couple of the techies out sick or on limited duty. Me bein' so duty-minded an' all, when we hit the holiday weekend an' came up short, I offered to help out.

It's not that I am so terribly devoted; it isn't even (entirely) the time and a half plus brownie points[1], though that certainly helps. But even though the really heavy lifting of our current effort[2] was contracted out to Arcane Experts, if my department doesn't stay in step with them, our part of the task will get hugely more difficult. A little extra now to save a whole lot of shrieking panic and superlong days later is well worth it!
____________________________
1. The latter already redeemed to get time to attend the Indy Hamfest next weekend; this is not a feast consisting of tasty well-cured pork but rather an amateur radio swapmeet.
2. About which I would love to expound but it's the usual deal: there's a significant competitive advantage to my employer in keeping mum on the project until it is unveiled and it turns out (who would'a thunk?) my paycheck is paid out of their net profits; so nothin' doin' 'til later!

7 comments:

Turk Turon said...

Oh, come on!
Spill!
It's just the internet; you can always delete it later!

P.S. I am also at work at this ungodly hour.

Carteach said...

Roberta, you posted on this before, but in a different way.

Those that can....DO.
You can, so there you are, doing.
Should be mentioned... they have no idea how lucky they are.

On another note.... when is the next Indy blog meet? (g)

phlegmfatale said...

You are a example to us all.

Unfortunately, I'm decidedly bad at learning from the examples of others, alas.

staghounds said...

At least you are keeping mum on the project and she's not causing problems down at the home with bingo disputes.

Drang said...

Oddly enough, as you posted that (allowing for the fact that I am a couple of time zones west of you) , I was on my way to work overtime.

Roberta X said...

Possibly it's contagious? --Though some, I see, are naturally immune. ;)

...Next Indy Blog Meet? July... Ummph. Some Time In July. I shall send up an RFQ shortly.

Anonymous said...

You're not adding bigger numbers to the weather radar are you?!


OTOH, I had no idea Ms. Fatale was so purty.