Friday, May 08, 2009

Ill, Update

For Whatever It Is Worth: Chills and fever all last night, so bad I barely slept -- freezing, then burning up, over and over. Runny nose to the point of not being able to sleep on my back. Muscle aches. Really tired. Headache, sore throat, cough and my ears itch from the inside. Wonder what that might suggest? Especially since I got shot up for the common strains already.

Update, 1618 EDT: I'm pretty sure uncontrollable giggling and faint rainbow circles around lights are not among the symptoms of swine flu. They are way better than the muscle aches that accompany them. On that note, I return to bed.

Timeline:
1800: freezing
2000: burning up; Tam returns from a day Elsewhere
2030: attempt, for the second time, to burn up kitchen using toaster. Fail. Whew!
2100: chills. Also dinner.
2200: burning up
Am I having fun yet?

Bonus: Looking at this map, there appears to be a correlation between Type A H1N1 cases per capita (yes, you have to extrapolate from the ratio of raw number of cases to total pop. per state) and hostility to the carriage of loaded firearms, especially open carry. Then again, I am still feverish; but hey, if open carry is what it takes to stop this stuff, I'm game! Do it for the children.

9 comments:

Drang said...

You're too close to Illinois...

GET BETTER!!1!

WV: sansup

No, we won't send you to bed without your supper if you don't get better...

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Absolutely not. She needs her chicken soup. Dinner is Not Optional.

wv: yeadog

Yeadog. Yewbetcha.

sam said...

Get better soon, beautiful. Remember to eat at and drink your fluids. Flu can take a lot out of you in just a few days.

WV: ciltrofi

Some kind of cilanto varient?

OrangeNeckInNY said...

Lot's and lots of hot honey lemon green tea.

rickn8or said...

Don't forget a little bourbon with the tea.

And bacon. Crumbled into the Chicken Soup, to take some of the kosher-ness off.

Home on the Range said...

Special Forces should be arriving soon with croissant dough. Let it rise overnight (about 9 hours) in a warm spot, (I usually put it up on a bookcase where Barkley can't get at it, in a warm room) Bake at 350 for 11 minutes. If it doesn't make you feel better, it will at least raise your cholesterol.

Bruce B. said...

I hope you feel better soon.

This sounds like what I experience when I let a sinus infection get out of control so it may not be
the flu. I suggest that you get to a doctor if you don't improve.

Roberta X said...

Special Forces had to abandon provisons in exiting the situation; and so it goes.

Home on the Range said...

Oh no - probably couldn't find them amongst all the frozen vegetable clutter - I'll bring some over when I get back into town again.

Hope you feel better.