Thursday, May 07, 2009

Least-Felicitous Sentence Award!

"President Obama does, in fact, have stroke-of-the-pen authority to suspend gay discharges." Y'know, if he does (and I can find no mention of any such power in the Constitution), I have nothing but sympathy for those poor guys. It seems like it might hurt. Plus it's a totally unwarranted and improper intrusion on people's private moments. Also, you'd think it would make their eyes bug out.

Okay, enough. The actual issue is one to which there is no safe response from the Oval Office; whatever he does, if he addresses the specific incident at all, a lot of people will be outraged. Anybody wanna bet on the lapdog White House Press Corps asking about it? Thought not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet there are so many Arab linguists in the Army that they're positively turning them away at the door. Right.

In any case, it'll be fun to see how this plays out.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Preventing gay discharges?

What impact will this have on the Talbott Street Art Fair?

http://www.talbotstreet.org/

Shootin' Buddy

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Snort!

*spews diet pepsi*

SB, you owe me a keyboard :)

Roberta X said...

SB for the win!

That's pretty much the mental image that dogged me when I read it. A kind of Freddie-Mercury-in-a-Tex-Avery-cartoon moment.

joe said...

My first thought was...Don't they have antibiotics for that???

phlegmfatale said...

delicious!zomg! WV: burack

This is a drive-by squeeing in honor of me being back online. YAYS!