Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Monday, A Day Late

Woke up with a migraine of unusual power; left ear hurts, left eye returning crummy video, headache, ringing, dizzy, all the usual fun stuff.

I rarely had headaches until about ten years ago, when a tooth root punched through bone as I bit down on a too-well-done burger and triggered my first migraine. (and a multi-year experience of the way in which dentistry, otolaryngology and general medicine fail to interface in a manner useful to the patient).* Lacking direct experience, I'd always felt that succumbing to a headache was a moral lapse, a failure of the will; to this day, I struggle with an unreasonable irritation at myself that these miserable, invisible experiences slow me down so much.

Gulped down three Ibuprofen with breakfast and once they kick in, I'll be able to take a shower without leaning against the wall and making frequent grabs at whatever is within reach -- and once I've managed that, why, the world is pretty much my oyster!

Makes me want to put a sign in the window: BACK SOON. WILL TAKE OVER WORLD IN ONE HOUR.
______________________________
* The experience was bad enough when I could fire the least helpful ones -- it was a not-my-jurisdiction-fest of the worst sort -- and keep looking until I had found a team that would work with one another; imagine how much worse it would have been under a government-controlled medical system!

8 comments:

og said...

ouch. had one all day saturday. hope you feel beste
t soonest.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Three?

My migraines require six or seven.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

(BTW, I did not mean to belittle ANY migraine -- I'm just surprised you can get by with only 600mg of ibuprofen. All that would do for me is reduce the pounding to one sledgehammer from two.)

sam said...

Poor pretty! Feel better soon!

WV: subca

Situation worse than California's. See: Obama's goal for entire country.

I wish I was kidding.

Bruce B. said...

I used to get terrible migraines all the time. Then my doctor put me on Verapamil for high blood pressure. It has the added benefit of being a preventative for migraines. Haven't had a migraine since. (about 8 years)

Hope you feel better soon.

Tango Juliet said...

Feel better soon!

Jeffro said...

Better living through modern chemistry. Or not.

Anonymous said...

Feeling better?

Jim