Thursday, April 17, 2014

About Mom X

     She is now comfortably ensconced in a furnished 1-bedroom suite, getting "Respite Care" for awhile at a place just up the road from her house.  She chose it and is there to get healed up for some (minor) surgery that should help her get even better; and after she's healed up from that, she (and her kids including me) will figure out what's next.

     The place is pretty much a fine hotel with a nice dining room, 24-hour nurses and falling-down monitors.  I think she'll be safer. I hope she'll worry less.  I think I will.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that your mother is good and getting better.

Dealing with aging parents is never fun. (Suggesting to my dad that perhaps he consider giving up driving was a tough conversation. One of many.)

Drang said...

Some of the "Independent Living" facilities are pretty nice.

Scott_S said...

Sounds like a good spot for some R&R (rest and recuperation) hope she heals up quick.

Turk Turon said...

Sounds pretty good. I'm glad your mom is OK.

Roberta X said...

Aging looks like a damn lousy job to have to do. :(