Friday, April 27, 2018

The Tiger Is Hungry

     Huck is annoyed with me this morning.  He has a vet visit today, you see, and they asked that he skip breakfast until afterward.

     This a major disruption in Huck's morning, since he is usually fed within minutes of my waking up.  He usually helps me wake, with plaintive meows, leaping on my bed, occasional nips at exposed toes, knocking things* off my dressing table and has, back when I left them out, been known to run off with my wristwatch or eyeglasses if I stay in bed too long after the alarm has gone off.

     His indignance reached new heights when I got up, made coffee, and shut him in the back part of the house without breakfast while Rannie was fed.

     After I'm showered and dressed, I'm hoping to get him corralled in my room before I bring up the cat carrier.  At least I managed to relocate the extra-large, Huck-sized one since his previous visit!
_____________________________
* I learned early on to not leave anything fragile on it.  Huck isn't fascinated by gravity in the way some of my cats have been, but he knows the sound of something being pushed off the table is a sure way to get me out from under the covers.

2 comments:

waepnedmann said...

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Robert A. Heinlein

Will said...

Was managed by a cat that liked to tease me with the gravity game. She would jump on the table and start slowly batting a pencil or similar object toward the edge, eying me after each bump. Her game was to see if she could teleport off the table without getting swatted, as the object dropped over the edge.