1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480i....
What, wrong kind?
Okay, how about these:
1. To replace my mattress. Srsly. It's hurting my back, it's over a decade old, it needs to go.
2. To stop (or at least reduce) the nearly-every-morning stumble, fumble or domestic mishap that makes the last few minutes of getting ready for work a mad scramble.
3. To Do Something about my MGB. Probably sell it, as the cost of fixing it is likely to be way too much. This makes me sad, but perhaps the car can make someone else happy instead of being all-but-abandoned in my garage.
4. More bicycle riding!
5. More motor-scooter riding! (Took the last ride of 2013 only Sunday, during the very last of the unseasonably-warm weather, charging the battery and getting some storage-treated gas into the carburetor.)
6. A. To finish the dining room/library bookshelves, clear the old table of correspondence, catalogs and general home-debris and set up the new table.
B. To build the remaining shelves for the living room, uncluttering media and tall-book storage and rearranging the hi-fi components. Maybe even tackle the large behind-the-couch shelving for my typewriter and Tam's small-computer collections!
C. To build the short "wraparound" bookshelves that will link the living room and dining room bookshelves. (See, kids? That's what a bibliophile's fate was before e-readers. Read -- and learn basic carpentry!)
7. To get my ham radio on the air more. I have a setup for AM radiotelephone about 75% done. It could be a lot of fun. (I decided a long time ago, I wasn't going to use voice modes on the shortwave bands until I could do AM with the other old fossils.)
8. To write more -- and get better at it.
Hey, you've got to have goals, right?
6 months ago