Friday, July 05, 2024

UK Elections

     I suppose this is where I'm supposed to say something insightful about the 4 July elections in the UK,* but I don't have anything specific.  I will point out that an American 10-32 bolt and a UK 2BA bolt are so close in dimensions that that you can usually use one in place of the other with no special effort, one of the great coincidental convergences of engineering. 

     How that might apply to elections is up to the observer.
_______________________
* While the United Kingdom held 2024 elections on our Independence Day, we're going to be pulling the lever on 5 November, their Guy Fawkes Day.  "Remember, remember the fifth of November," and maybe check the more important basements for anything unexpected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are straining to come up with something that fits the other fastener with threads? As in, we are all ….
Cop Car

Joe in PNG said...

To be fair, the Brits do elections better- it's a way shorter process, with a pretty much instant transfer of power. Former PM Sunak called the election on 22 May, and boom- it's over on the 5th of July. I wouldn't mind if ours were way, way shorter.