Sunday, February 03, 2008

Attic Antics

Thanks -- once again! -- to the Data Viking, I've got an attic just about ready to turn into a decent room. We wrapped up all but some small and awkward corners of the vapor barrier today, after having completed the insulation last week. (It feels warmer already, probably 'cos we've got an unseasonable warm front rolling in. My sinuses are nonplussed).

The attic had kneewalls framed in and a fair amount of insulation when I bought the place, so we weren't starting from scratch; but it was something I'd never tried before.

It will take some more effort -- not to mention wainscoting and wallboard, scubbing scrubbing [thanks, Tam!] and paint, plus a bit of electrical work -- but I'm now in a position to follow up on my earlier plan to find a like-minded boarder to rent the room. I may have a line on someone. We shall just have to see how it works out.

3 comments:

Tam said...

"It will take some more effort -- not to mention wainscoting and wallboard, scubbing and paint, plus a bit of electrical work --"

Not only do I love saying the word "wainscoting" because it's delightfully archaic sounding, but I'm an excellent scubber. :)

Roberta X said...

Smart-alec! Why, I bet you never did a proper scubbing your whole life so far! ;)

Tam said...

Oh no, I'm all about the scubbing. Heck, I can scub with my eyes closed while humming Yankee Doodle. It's the scrubbing that I'm still working on.