Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snowmageddon Update, Also Boots

There's now perhaps an inch of crunchy snow, which has formed a nasty slush on the streets. My car had a nice layer of ice on all the windows when I left work. And you could slip and slide on the roads if you worked at it. Hardly the frozen white howling hell we were promised.

While out in the snow, I wore my best and most rugged footwear, fine Milwaukee motorcycle boots. A part of my mind keeps insisting that in a rational and sane universe, "motorcycle boots" really, really ought to have two tiny wheels and a little engine on each boot.

2 comments:

Tam said...

The NWS said the sun was going to rise in the East today, but I checked all the same...

Anonymous said...

Weather forcasting is the only job that I know where you can be wrong 100% of the time and still get paid