Wednesday, February 20, 2008

She Walks Among Us

For those of you who have been following each episode as it happens, you'll be happy to know that the present incarnation of the Sumerian goddess of that which falleth (Tamara Precipita) was cautiously vertical when first encountered this ayem, and carrying a broom. "I'm off to sweep the walks," quoth she. (Among that which hath fallen, another 1" of snow overnight. Ew).

What can ya do? She's got me outgunned. "Please be careful!"

...Walks appear swept an' I'm not seein' any sprawled forms upon them, so it's about time I ladled out the oatmeal.

The remaining unloading, the talk now is to hire it done. I'm happy with that.

8 comments:

The Duck said...

Well It is good to hear that she is up & about....

phlegmfatale said...

Glad she's getting around, at least. Yes, I say hire it done. Send me your address and I'll send you a few fins to contribute to the cause.

Anonymous said...

Roberta,

Sumerian goddess of war/love would be Ishtar - Inanna (same persona but different time periods - so the name changes). Just FYI.

Dr. Joe

Anonymous said...

So, Akkadian, then? ;) Didn't somebody's pantheon have a "Tamara" in that part of the world?

breda said...

there's a D&D deity named Tamara.

(note that I used my librarian fu to find this information - my dorkiness has its limits.)

Roberta X said...

PS: Thank you very much. Phlegmmie! You're on -- and you'll always have a place to stay if you're ever in town.

Roberta X said...

FWIW, "Tamar" is a Georgian goddess. No, not the one Tam's from, the other Georgia. But it sure made me giggle when I looked her name up!

Farm.Dad said...

Ok that smart a lady i can buy the goddess tag for the lady Tam . However i take disagreement with the tag " Sumerian" If anything she would be a Goddess of gunbloggian. No matter how we may come to label her, I do wish you good luck with the budding 4 year old every time she sees snow lol .