Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Morning, Blank Slate, No Time

Well, a little time, but only 'cos I am waiting my turn at the shower.

I'm covered up with year-enders at work, so much so I have not even shopped for Something Suitable to wear for New Year's (goin' to the speakeasy steakhouse, yayy!). I only have to dress like a grown-up one or two times a year, which I consider an advantage of my job. It usually is -- not so much when you want to go someplace where jeans, a hoodie over a knit top and workboots are not considered appropriate. (On the other hand, ooooooo, the food at Morton's! The company's pretty nice, too).

I've been working on a holiday "Starship" yarn, this one set during the short period of open warfare between USSF/NATO allies and the Edgers; I have a neat photo-essay for "Retrotechnologist" planned...but there's a list of awkward, difficult and/or boring tasks to get done at the Skunk Works before the holiday break, none of them so routine that I can do them and noodle plot points or pity comments at the same time.

The good news is, I'll have a week off and hope to make some actual progress. But today, not so much.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Remind me to tell you my Morton's story at the blogmeet. My family refers to it as "The Night of the Lobster."

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I wonder if your Morton's story is anything like mine, Joanna. It also involved a lobster.

Home on the Range said...

Glad you are having fun. Hopefully I'll be back in time for something this weekend with us all.

Old Grouch said...

You guys up for the train show Sat/Sun?

Anonymous said...

I thought you 2 showered together?

Roberta X said...

AnonL: In your dreams, boyo.

Old Grouch: Train show? Sure!