Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sicker

Darn it. If I don't manage substantial improvement in the next couple of hours....

Update, 1300 hours: Vector is pointing in the opposite direction to my desired course. Innards unhappy. Sinuses worse. Gravity is down to point eight here... Um, belay that last'un, it's from Star Trek (TOS). (FWIW, that ship must have had the cheapest, low-bidder artificial gravity system evar: no matter what misfortune befell, you'd hear a calm Engineering d00d report gravity had dropped to 0.8. C'mon, Scotty, either fix the blame thing or just set it at 0.8 and leave it -- most of the crew would never notice). Aside aside, I'm still a sick kitty. I'm stayin' home.

9 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

You poor thing. This has been a rough year for you, general health wise.

Home on the Range said...

We can't have the cruise director of the good ship Indy Blog Meet getting sick!

I do hope you feel better, this cold weather can't be helping

Roberta X said...

It's flu. And I got the (generic) flu shot already, so what's that leave? Yeah.

Hat Trick said...

I hope you feel better soon. If you're not improving I'd suggest that you get yourself to the doctor.

Turk Turon said...

Drink some hot soup and get in bed with a good book.

wv: "messnit"

Yes, it certainly is.

Old Grouch said...

We missed you!

Anonymous said...

It is bad stuff----fever(102+), sweats, cold chills to the point of convulsing, skin sensitivity/pain, then throw in a sinus infection that felt like a white hot ball of pain in my forehead....oh yes, the dreams/hallucinations were amazing....about 10 days of it before I felt better....

Anonymous said...

I hope in the 12 or so hours since you posted this that you've gotten to feeling better, being sick on the weekend is the pits.

Jim

Roberta X said...

I was hoping so, too. Um, not so you'd notice. But I have better drugs now, Tam found me a decongestant.