Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ha! Better!

I'm not a hundred percent but I neither feel or look like death, badly microwaved back to an approximation of operating temperature. Joint pain and some peripheral neuropathy numbness in my fingers and toes persists, but I think it is getting better. I sure feel better.

A nice breakfast of fried rice (plus quinoa) with bacon, carrot and baby Vidalia onion helped, too. (Saw this while finding the link. I don't care if it's organic or healthy or not what most folks call chili; I can work past that for the sake of the ingredients. Jeepers, it sounds and looks good! Prolly needs a dabba salt or mebbe bacon).

Pithy opinion will follow, though right now the Prairie Home Companion movie is playing on the big living room toooobe* and I am minded how very much better Keillor is in small doses and/or playing in the next room. Man can be charming when he's not throwing out the fun for a pot of message but that seems rarer and rarer.
________________________________
* Yeah, they finally got me. An online vendor had 42" refurbs at a semi-reasonable price; we got some at work: they have a zillion inputs and and the viewing angle is like 180 degrees. That sold me.

7 comments:

Jeffro said...

Glad you're feeling a bit more perky.

The acceptable sizes for televisions have sure changed, no? Thirty years ago I had a 13" that was really quite the thing, 'cause it was color.

Ed Skinner said...

Yay! Sick == no fun. Good to hear you're on the mend. (Don't go too fast.)
Got the signed "I Work On A Starship" back. (Did you have to add postage???) Looks wonderful -- Someday my great, great grandchildren will show it in a locked and heavily secured display because it'll be worth a million dollars (about the same as a Big Mac meal at McDonalds).
Seriously, however, thank you!

Joseph said...

Glad to hear you are better, Roberta!

Roberta X said...

Glad to be better!

Ed, you're very welcome. AFAIK, there are no added stamps unless Tam negotiated with our letter carrier.

Jeffro: it's stunnin'! This thing is almost what they promised, too: dead flat, super thin and viewable from any angle...and it is a somewhat low-end RCA hotel-room TV. Heckuva hotel!
We used 'em to replace the big overhead CRT monitors in Lupine's Navs area. Gotta make sure all those busy little minds know what's what wherever they look.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Flat screen TVs are not only pleasant to look at, but having HDMI means one less bundle of copper spaghetti too.

Jim

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I love HDMI.

Glad you're feeling better!

Andrew said...

"Organic Michigan black turtle beans, high Andes organic whole grain quinoa, and Japanese maitake and shiitake mushrooms..."

Imagine the carbon footprint on that! Wash it down with Fiji Water and you're golden.